The Ja-Pal’s DigiBiz Solution is an initiative launched for the second year by the Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies (PITA) and the Palestine Information & Communication Technology Incubator (PICTI) in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme / Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP) with funds from the Government of Japan (GoJ).
The competition aims to identify AgriTech innovative technological solutions to support the Palestinian economy, and the agricultural sector in specific. We call upon innovators and change makers, be them individuals or entrepreneurs, residing in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip, to submit their innovative technological solutions to address the challenges that the Palestinian farming community faces at all stages of the food supply chain.
These AgriTech solutions will address data-enabled technology, Internet of things (IoT), stage within the food supply chain; how food and other agricultural products are grown; such as in-soil and in-tree sensors, harvested, packaged, stored, transported, processed and sold; making the farm-to-table process more efficient, sustainable and safe.
- Develop and promote potential Palestinian AgriTech technologically innovative solutions that address data-enabled technology, Internet of things, stages within the food supply chain.
- Promote the spirit of competition and make the farm-to-table process more efficient, sustainable and safe.
This is an open invitation to all Palestinian innovators and change-makers, be them individuals or entrepreneurs, residing in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip, to submit their innovative technological solutions to address the challenges that the Palestinian farming community faces at all stages of the food supply chain. This challenge will culminate with a jury selection to choose the best 25 AgriTech technological solutions.
All categories that address AgriTech innovative technological solutions for the agricultural sector and have information, communications, or technological (ICT) focus are welcomed.
- Problem identification
- Addresses challenges of Palestinian farming community
- Clear explanation of the idea
- Visionary solution for the idea
- Level of innovation in AgriTech technological solutions
- The professionalism of the concept behind the idea
- Impact of the solution
- Financial sustainability
- The extent were the objectives achieved/are likely to be achieved
- The consistency of the project activities and outputs with the intended impact and effects
- Impact of the idea on the environment
- The project cost-effectiveness; the economical use of resources
- The degree of growth and equity the project achieves in terms of AgriTech Development
- The project social, economic, technical effects on individuals, gender and age groups, communities and institutions
- The project impact on AgriTech production and local cooperatives
- PICTI will hold a ceremony to announce and celebrate the top five winners
- The top five winners of the competition will receive a monetary prize
- The top five winners will get the chance to travel to Japan to further develop their solutions
Deadline for Submission
- The announcement will take place on 23 July 2019, and the deadline for submitting the applications will be on 17 August 2019.
- Kindly follow the template to complete your application. Please fill out all the items and send the completed form in a PDF format to the email address: email@example.com
- For further details, or questions about the competition, please feel free to contact:
Ms. Nur Hamdan